DateTime now() not working for second survey

Jump to solution
10-21-2021 06:34 AM
FredMitchell
Occasional Contributor

I have two survey's that respond to one hosted feature service. One is a request that is submitted in the browser and the other is how inspectors respond to that request using the app. The now() on the DateTime field for the request works but it doesn't work on the inspection side in the Survey123 app. Please let me know if this is a bug or if I have something wrong with my code. Thanks!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
FredMitchell
Occasional Contributor

@ZacharySutherby, just in case the enhancement you mentioned doesn't fix the issue I'm having I've logged a separate one under ENH-00143976. Thanks again for all your help!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @FredMitchell @ABishop,

Just letting you know we have recently updated the 3.14 beta builds on the Early Adopter Community and the next release will include major improvements to the expression calculation engine, new calculation modes, improvements to loading relevant questions and repeats, and other fixes to repeats, nested repeats and repeat count. With these improvements we see faster loading surveys, increased stability, less crashes and ability to optimize calculation workflows.

The issue you reported above can now be solved using the new calculation modes available in the latest 3.14 beta builds, where you can set calculations to always run or be manual or auto.

Please refer to this blog post for more details: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/arcgis-survey123-3-14-beta-now-available-for/ba-...

Direct link to EAC announcement: https://earlyadopter.esri.com/project/article/item.html?cap=e69ef91f45744b98882c651f7b518eb7&arttype...

Regards,

Phil.

JeremieCote
New Contributor III

Thank you thats exactly what I was looking for! I just encountered the bug where the now() function is not working in the calculation column when loading the survey from an inbox.

By chance, is the release of 3.14 still expected for the end of the month??

Thanks again

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JeremieCote,

Currently the 3.14 release is scheduled for mid to late February, however that could change based on final development tasks and testing. Keep an eye out for updates on the ArcGIS Survey123 - ArcGIS Survey123 (esri.com).

Regards,

Phil.

VanessaSimps
Occasional Contributor III

Hi- I am having a very similar issue .

I have two surveys linked to the same hosted feature. One is for the field staff to collect information and the other is for a committee to review the information from within a Dashboard.

I am using s123 Connect 3.13.239.

I have a dateTime field with the default field set to now() . VanessaSimps_0-1666132686327.png

Should also note that I tried today() in the default field, as well as change the field type to date instead of dateTime. 

In both the s123 Connect preview and when I launch the survey independently in browser, the Date of Review value is populated as expected. 

VanessaSimps_1-1666132805825.png

But, when I put this survey into my Dashboard (where review staff will be able to see and jump around from issue to issue to review, the Date of Review field  it is empty: VanessaSimps_2-1666132876076.png

Testing out a few things, when I did add the now() to the calculate field it gets me a bit closer to auto filling the value, but I still have to hit the "reload" button to get the date to populate as expected. 

0 Kudos