Datetime field and CreationDate field look different

Jump to solution
03-16-2021 08:36 PM
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

Hello, Survey masters.

I am stuck with a problem of using date time field in Survey. I made a field whose type is dateTime to record when the survey is submitted.

After submitting, I checked the hosting feature layer in my ArcGIS Pro and found out this incoherence.

Usually, the CreationDate records the time in UTC and followingly, the dateTime field as well.

However, these two fields look different although I have changed nothing. 

hm_stella_0-1615952069936.png

i.e. The first feature is monitored at 2:51 AM on 2021-03-16 while the CreationDate made at 6:53 AM on the same date. Both are using UTC time.

Does anyone know why this issue happens? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @hm_stella 

Just to check, how are records being submitted from Survey123? Are users submitting from the field app using the outbox (i.e. saved to the outbox and then submitted later)? Also is the Monitoring Time question read-only, or is it possible for users to modify it before submit? Does it have a calculation on it?

Thanks & best, Jim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @hm_stella 

Just to check, how are records being submitted from Survey123? Are users submitting from the field app using the outbox (i.e. saved to the outbox and then submitted later)? Also is the Monitoring Time question read-only, or is it possible for users to modify it before submit? Does it have a calculation on it?

Thanks & best, Jim

0 Kudos
hm_stella
Esri Contributor

I checked field workers if they have submitted the survey right after they had filled out the form. And they said NO..!

It seems like the incoherence was caused due to the different time of actual monitoring time and submission. Thanks for your advice!

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

One more question. Do you see the same incoherence from the Survey123 website Data tab? I wonder if this could be ArcGIS Pro treating Editor tracking fields differently from other date fields in the layer.