Date field Survey123

07-05-2017 07:16 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a date field in my survey and when I export my survey data to a CSV file the date shown in the field is of the previous day and not the actual date entered on the device. Am I missing some device settings or timezone settings? Kindly advise

4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Fanuel,

What time zone are you in?  We submit the day as 0:00 in your local timezone; this is stored as 0:00 UTC.  It appears you are 2 hours ahead of UTC.  When viewing online, this will appear as expected as the browser compensates.  The download is presenting the time at UTC.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi yes we are in UTC/GMT +2

0 Kudos
ArshaYuditha_Amiranti
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I also have the same issue with this.

Do you have any suggestions to set the CreationDate is still on the local zone? Instead I edited it one by one on excel?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Arsha,

With version 2.7 of the field application, we introduced support for recording the UTC offset of the device at time of capture using the function

pulldata("@property", 'utcoffset')

This will store the UTC offset in the form as the number of hours; you can then calculate the local time based on that.

If you are looking at existing data points, an estimate of the UTC offset can be made from the location (assuming the location of the survey roughly corresponds to the location of the survey)  by doing a spatial join with a layer of Time Zones (available in the Living Atlas - http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=312cebfea2624e108e234220b04460b8  )