Data vs Label - Survey123

10-19-2018 07:02 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all. I'm new with #Survey123, nevertheless lately I have had some problems with the information that I share or upload to the platform. The main problem, is that the information for every field don't appear or isn't the same like I designed, for example for question type "Selection" in the table of the information appear #NAME and not the #LABEL, or sometimes for #TIME appear a different time that I saved in my survey.

Please, can you help me with this. Thanks!

James Tedrick

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Pedro,

For single choice and multiple choice questions, the value stored in the table is the name value of the choice (this is due to the fact that a choice can have labels in multiple languages).  For single choice questions, we also create a domain associating the default label to the name value, allowing ArcGIS products to automatically display the label, as you see in the form details.

0 Kudos
LorettaWinton1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

I have had a related question up for a few months. I have a couple of questions in response here.

1) in my survey, it is actually storing the label value for all single choice questions that do not use a choice list. How do I get it to store the name value instead? For example, see the Host field in the screenshot. It is storing the label (Picea glauca/whitespruce) rather than the name value (which is the coded value 94).  The code is needed for porting into another database, but I would like to display the label value in maps on ArcGIS Pro and AGOL. .

2) for single choice questions (Damage causing agent) that have a choice list (Damage agent category), it is storing the name value (26029). But it does not seem to store a domain with the more informative label (Chrysomyxa arctostaphyli / Spruce Broom Rust). Is there any way to achieve that association in maps on AGOL and ArcGIS Pro? If not, is there any workaround you can think of?

Thanks!

Lori

0 Kudos