Data Loss after Submitting a Survey and Reopening from Inbox

02-22-2019 06:39 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Survey form that requires a two-step process. An intake person will assign a review process to a SME and assign it via a text box, then submit. I have configured the Inbox to show  work order #, the SME assigned, and a status. However, after submission, the text box with the SMEs name is blank, which does not populate the Inbox. The name still appears in the Sent Folder. 

Can anyone give me an idea as to why just this one field erases the entry? I've built several Survey 123 forms before and I've never experienced this. I can provide the .XLSF form if necessary to review. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobBlash
Occasional Contributor III

Can you post the spreadsheet? I am beginning a project that will really heavily on the inbox, so you have peaked my curiosity.

Is the survey published  on AGOL or server?  Is the initial survey submitted via app or web? If app what platform? Also, is that field populated when you look at the data on the S123 website?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rob,

It's published on AGOL. The initial survey was submitted via Connect and the test data was done through the desktop application for windows. I also viewed it on Android OS on a tablet and mobile phone. And lastly, I can't see the data on the survey 123 website because it's giving me an error. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

What version of Connect and Field app are you using? And on what device/OS and versions?

Is the field your are referring to inside a repeat or in the parent layer? Do you see the values for this field in the feature layer after it has been submitted, if you check on AGO or Survey123 website on the Data tab for example.

As Rob mentioned, if your can share your xlsx form we can take a closer look.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip, 

I'm using the Desktop application 3.2.265 and Connect 3.2.196. I am using Android OS tablet Samsung Active2 and a Samsung Galaxy S9 mobile device and both are running the 3.2.265 versions. 

The field is not in a repeat and no, I do not see the values in the feature layer after submission. In fact, I get an error when attempting to view the data in the browser. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

Thanks, I have your form and testing it out in Connect and the App. What error do you get when try to view data in the browser? Are you viewing in the Survey123 website or AGO? What browser and version? Do other browsers work?

Also, what is the exact where clause query you are using for the Inbox?

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

I don't know if you were able to replicate the issue on your side, but everything is working today for me. Very strange. I didn't make any changes, so I'm not sure what's going on. 

The error I'm getting on the web browser: 

Error: Initializing form...

• Unable to auto-detect delimiting character; defaulted to ','

It still opened the form however. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi John,

When you say web browser, do you mean the web app, are you trying to view the survey form to collect new survey? Or are you trying to view data on the survey123 website via Data tab? Where does the error ocurr you sent above?

Can you send a copy of the xlsx form and any csv of data in media folder you created from Connect? It sounds as if something is missing or wring in one of the expression, csv or choice lists?

We had a website and web app update to 3.3 a few days ago, please make sure you clear you cache of your browser and try again, this could resolve the issue.

Phil.

0 Kudos