Dashboard design joining several survey123 databases

04-04-2022 11:34 AM
MiguelMontero
New Contributor II

Dear,

I would like to know how I can design a dashboard with statistics and graphs combining several databases that are captured separately but have the same structure (name of the fields)

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you want them all in one I would check out the new Data Expressions.  Few blog posts on it.  If the schemas are the same I would look at a view layer also.  Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In particular, you might look at this example: https://github.com/Esri/arcade-expressions/blob/master/dashboard_data/CombineMultipleLayers(SerialCh...

If the schemas are aligned, joining multiple sources together is quite simple, as data expressions go.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Iron_Mark
New Contributor III

Hi,

seems to be very interesting.

I would like to do something similar to the other user. I have multiple forms that contain few question with the same name (the other questions are different).

I would like to know more about that javascript git that you linked but I don't know how to model it on my dashboard. Can you suggest us how to integrate it with a simple dashboard with 2 different layers that let us query the same questions from the different layers?

Thank you

0 Kudos
MiguelMontero
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for your response.

I have another problem with the database.

I try to use FeatureSetByPortalItem but my ID has changed and my graph is not updated, it gives a "data source error". If I enter the new portal ID it works, but I need to use an expression that doesn't involve constantly changing the ID.

0 Kudos