Custom URL for Survey123 App - Forcing update of form

02-10-2019 02:25 PM
DudleyHartel
New Contributor II

I have the custom URL method to start Survey123 (field) App (currently testing on Windows desktop) and that works fine for both anonymous use of AGOL sign in.

However, if I use this once, and then update the form (Id remains the same) the App pen with the older version.

If I delete the older version form Survey123 App and then invoke the custom URL, it will load the updated form.

I have created a view of the hosted feature layer for use in the form - its settings include Share - Everyone (so anonymous users can participate), and the form is Shared - Everyone

Is there a way to force (when opening the App from a custom URL implementation - I have it on a Windows shortcut) to make it load a new copy and overwrite the form used the previous time?

A second question is whether there is a pulldata() function property to indicate whether the form was access thru a browsers (vs the App)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Dudley,

Currently, there isn't a way to auto-notify or update a new version of a survey.  If you add a question of type uri:deviceid (click yes when prompted the question isn't in the list), you can determine if the form has been submitted by the field app and if so, which OS.

0 Kudos
DudleyHartel
New Contributor II

thank you

---

Dudley R. Hartel

Consulting Urban Forester

Certified Arborist SO-0124A

747 Maxine Dr

Baton Rouge, LA 70808-5931

Twitter: @treeobs

(706) 988-3916 (cell)