Custom Report Template Relevant/Repeatable Questions

11-20-2018 02:07 PM
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

Nice to see that the report writer now produces batch reporting and I was surprised to see that the report writer now is question-responsive when it comes to relevant and repeatable questions…well, almost. 

I have an issue with a report template.

When I am in the Survey123 for ArcGIS data page, and want to print a report from a custom template, I select the record I want and a generic report is shown on the right hand side of my screen.  

In this generic report from ESRI, all the relevant/repeatable questions are respected.

When I use my report template, all but the first set of relevant/repeatable questions are respected.

I have checked/double checked my Excel file, and my custom template and cannot see what the issue is.

Has this been a documented issue in the past or is it just 'user error'.  

Thank you in advance, for your responses

I appreciate any help.

Julie Barrett

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Julie,

By "When I use my report template, all but the first set of relevant/repeatable questions are respected.", are you meaning that the first set of questions is displaying regardless of relevancy?  Can you share the template and form so that we can attempt to duplicate the behavior?

0 Kudos
JulieBarrett
New Contributor III

Hi James,

You are correct.

The first set of questions is displaying regardless.

The other two set of questions work correctly.

Thank you.

Julie Barrett

GIS Services

100 Third Street

Castle Rock, CO 80104

(303) 663-6289

jbarrett@douglas.co.us<mailto:jbarrett@douglas.co.us>

…there be dragons…

0 Kudos
JodyZhengLiu
Esri Contributor

Hi Julie,

Thanks for sharing the docs. I have checked the form and template, and the displaying of first set of questions regardless is an expected behavior. The current logic of template will display information and placeholders of questions  as-it-is, which means that the template will not automatically hide items if not answered in survey. As an option, you can use "if" statement to set your custom logic as described in this link in "Conditional elements" section.

Best Regards,

Jody Liu

0 Kudos