Currency dependant questions in International survey

Jump to solution
04-13-2022 03:28 PM
Anthony_R_McKay
New Contributor III

I'm working on my first published survey which has a couple of questions about amounts of money spent - when designed the options, they were in dollars (NZD) ($0-$10, $10-50, etc.)

I didn't think this through as I'm sending this out to contacts overseas  - so I should have allowed for responses from responders who need Euro, GBP, USD options. 

How can I account for this in the survey? The survey is here:  Animal Pest Survey .

The obvious solution would be a currency option question that changes the text in currency critical questions.

I've just downloaded Survey123 in the assumption that I'm going to need this app to solve the problem.

Any help or pointers would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anthony_R_McKay
New Contributor III

Thanks Ismael,

Yes - I should start with a currency question and build on that - use options to bring up a series of questions specific to that choice - all I have to do then is copy the questions and turn the copies into a version for each currency.

I'm going to assume that, one I get responses, I can merge the individual fields for each currency into one single field after converting to one common currency.

Yes - looks like I may have to publish a new survey.

Your suggestion much appriciated

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi, I checked your survey at https://arcg.is/01Cm5z  It seems like you could add a new question for the end user to indicate the currency. This is something you can do from the Survey123 web designer. Worst case scenario, you could also save your survey as a new survey so you can make more profound changes before publishing.

Anthony_R_McKay
New Contributor III

Thanks Ismael,

Yes - I should start with a currency question and build on that - use options to bring up a series of questions specific to that choice - all I have to do then is copy the questions and turn the copies into a version for each currency.

I'm going to assume that, one I get responses, I can merge the individual fields for each currency into one single field after converting to one common currency.

Yes - looks like I may have to publish a new survey.

Your suggestion much appriciated