Creating too many groups in a Survey123 Connect form? How to summarize?

Jump to solution
11-17-2022 06:36 AM
JaviVasquez1
New Contributor III

I have sets of questions (grouped) that are location-based.  So, if the user selects that they are in X place, then my grouped questions come up for them to answer.  These are using relevant and choice filters to provide choice answers only pertaining to X place, for example.  My issue is that when I look at analyze in survey123 on the browser - or try to create a dashboard, I'm having the same field come up for 50 questions...because I have 50 groups.  Is there a way to pull X field from each group so I'm getting one question summarized instead of 50 individual ones.  Example - I select Texas and only Texas counties come up.  I select Harris County.  On the next group, on a different survey record, I select Georgia and Fulton County.  Now I want to summarize counties but they are in different groups.  Hope this makes sense. 

Thanks!

Javi

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JaviVasquez1 

Based on your use case using a cascading select may be what you're looking for, please see this Esri Community blog for more information. We also have a cascading selects sample available in Connect to check out the functionality. To access the sample open Survey123 Connect > select New survey > under the Esri section select Samples > search for Choice Filters and Cascading Selects. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JaviVasquez1 

Based on your use case using a cascading select may be what you're looking for, please see this Esri Community blog for more information. We also have a cascading selects sample available in Connect to check out the functionality. To access the sample open Survey123 Connect > select New survey > under the Esri section select Samples > search for Choice Filters and Cascading Selects. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos