Creating Relationship to link Survey123 to Collector

11-02-2018 08:07 AM
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

I am trying to create a Inspection form to link directly to an existing feature class. I have followed the videos and read up the documentation as to what I need to do to set this up but I am hitting a wall at the very end of the finish line. When I go to publish my survey to my existing feature service, I get this error. I want to be able to make a new inspection and pre-populate the GlobalID in the child table (Survey123) from the parent table (Collector feature service)

When I do research to what I need to do and I found that 

"supportsApplyEditsWithGlobalIds" : true,
"isDataVersioned" : false Which are both correct in my rest service. Although, my GlobalID field in my survey is
"editable" : false, Which is not allowing me to publish. How can I get change this to True to allow me to publish? Maybe what steps were missed in the workflow?
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Sean

Can you share a bit more about the relationship that was created between the layer and table.

The parent layer should be related to the child as follows:

Parent field type = globalid - editable = false

Child field type = GUID - editable = true

Can you confirm that this is the case for your service? Share the names, types and edit status for the parent and child.

Thanks

John

BlytheSpendlove
Occasional Contributor

Hi Johnathan Hasthorpe‌, how do I configure/verify whether the parent GLobal ID and Child GUID fields are editable?

This is what I see when I click on the properties of the relationship class I created.

For background, I am using a feature service in ArcGIS Enterprise and trying to make it so that when I click on a link in the pop up of a feature in the parent field in collector, the user is brought to a survey in Survey123 where they can fill out the required information for the child point. I have gotten all of this to work, except when I go back and check my work in Collector, the child knows it is related to the parent, but the parent does not know it is related to the child (even though in the relationship class I set notification to "Both"). 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Blythe,

You would need to check the field properties of the feature classes/tables involved, not the relationship properties.

BlytheSpendlove
Occasional Contributor

Thanks James! I just figured it out this morning and you were right that it was not related to the relationship properties.

It seems my root problem was that instead of referencing the parent project boundary layer in the "form_id" column in settings, and then getting fancy with pulling parent data into child repeats, I needed to create a form that only referenced the child record. Otherwise it kept creating a new parent feature every time I submitted the survey, even when I made all the parent data read-only in the form.

To keep the parent-child relationship intact now that I am not using nested repeats, I just used the custom url to pull the GLOBALID field from the project boundary (parent) and made it equal to the GUID in the survey for that child record.

Thanks very much for the help!

Blythe

0 Kudos
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

That is the issue. My globalid field (GUID) for my child field type is not editable and I cannot find a way to make it editable. 

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you confirm the field type of the child field - is it a GlobalID or a GUID (they are different things)?

0 Kudos
SeanLavallee__MES_
New Contributor III

Yup, was able to get this resolved. Thank you!

0 Kudos