Creating an indicator in Dashboard from a Survey123 field

06-20-2019 11:15 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am moving into a phase where I am trying to create an Operations Dashboard based on a Survey I created. I am running into an issue where I have included a Likert to answer a question about giving a facility an inspection score, from 1-5. When I try to create a indicator or gauge to address this score in the dashboard, I am not able to access this field for the data. I have passed this issue to my GIS analyst and he has discovered that the issue is with the Likert data being stored as a sting and not an integer or numeric value. Is there a fix to this that anyone is aware of? I have 31 inspections completed in this survey and updating a field or item is a issue in Connect, as republishing is a nightmare, or at least it has been for me. Any help would be awesome, thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdamInglis1
Occasional Contributor

This isn't something I have done before, but have you tried using the Number Arcade function to convert the string into a number value in the OpsDash?

Number

Number( value, pattern? ) -> returns: Number

EDIT:  Opps, looks like it might not be supported yet:
https://community.esri.com/ideas/15442-arcade-expressions-in-operation-dashboard

0 Kudos