Creating a survey123 for an existing related table, adding fields?

Jump to solution
03-15-2022 11:20 AM
BrandonBoisvert
New Contributor III

This may be a dumb question with an obvious answer... If I published a hosted feature layer with a related inspection table and create a survey123 form for better inspection data collection, can I add questions to the survey without those fields existing in the published table? I figured I would ask to save myself the time of testing it and to help others following my footsteps, but I assume I will need to republish the feature layer and related table with any fields that would be added into the survey? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes just set the bind esri type field to null and it will not try to submit them to the service.  That does mean they do not go anywhere though of course.

If you want them in the form and in the service you can add to the form then manually add to the service to match and it will work.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes just set the bind esri type field to null and it will not try to submit them to the service.  That does mean they do not go anywhere though of course.

If you want them in the form and in the service you can add to the form then manually add to the service to match and it will work.

Hope that helps

BrandonBoisvert
New Contributor III

Thank you, Doug. I am still learning how this all works. If some of the answers go back to the service, where do the answers without a matching field in the service go? I will probably choose to just add the fields into the service so it is in one location. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Nowhere they would be inside the form only.  Mostly used for temp calculation fields.  All 123 does is dump data into a service, so no field no dump.  If you think about it where else would it be able to go really.

0 Kudos
BrandonBoisvert
New Contributor III

Makes sense. That is useful for calculations! Looks like I will be adding in those fields as I want to use that data. 

Thank you!