Create Survey123 with Portal or ArcGIS online

Jump to solution
12-06-2018 11:53 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I am trying to survey123 with Portal and AGOL. (reason = photo attachments don't show up when creating a report but works fine in AGOL)

I am adding a feature service from Portal to AGOL and with Survey123 connect try to build a new Survey from a feature layer template.

When I click Create Survey, it seems stuck.

Any idea? Any idea if the next release of survey123 will include the photo attachments in reports when you are on Portal?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

If I understand you correctly, the feature service resides in the Enterprise environment and is registered (with credentials embedded) in ArcGIS Online, correct? 

If so, there are a couple of comments:

- Unfortunately, the images will not work in the report functionality.  This is due to a limitation with how ArcGIS Enterprise geodatabases currently store attachments; they do not have the ability to store the additional metadata needed to be able to associate an attachment to a particular question.

- We have had other reports of issues submitting attachments with services that are being proxied by ArcGIS Online; this is being looked into.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

What version of Portal are you using and is your Portal public facing (accessible from the internet)?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Philip,

We are running Portal 10.6.1.

Yes the Portal is public facing. I could potentially share a layer with you if you would like.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

If I understand you correctly, the feature service resides in the Enterprise environment and is registered (with credentials embedded) in ArcGIS Online, correct? 

If so, there are a couple of comments:

- Unfortunately, the images will not work in the report functionality.  This is due to a limitation with how ArcGIS Enterprise geodatabases currently store attachments; they do not have the ability to store the additional metadata needed to be able to associate an attachment to a particular question.

- We have had other reports of issues submitting attachments with services that are being proxied by ArcGIS Online; this is being looked into.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James, Yes, the feature service resides in the Enterprise environment and is registered (with credentials embedded) in ArcGIS Online. 

Thank you and good to know about the attachments.

Besides attachments, I am also getting similar issues when creating new survey when data (feature services)  comes from Portal 10.6.1 and Oracle/SDE 10.2 and reference it on AGOL. I have an open ticket with ESRI support and they have not got back to me for a while on that issue.

Would one of you guys be willing to test some of my services on your end to see what could be the issue. I am out of options for that type of workflow.

Thank you,

Alex

0 Kudos