Create Survey123 form from existing feature service

Jump to solution
03-13-2023 11:36 AM
AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI

I have published a geodatabase contain a couple of layer and tables with a relationship between them. I want to create a survey123 form from this geodatabase but when I tried to create a survey123 form from the feature service (geodatabase) the form didn't take all the layer, it took just the first layer in the geodatabase. 

how can I create a survey123 form from this existing feature service that contain a couple of layers?

Thanks in advance 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

When you create a form from a service it always uses the first layer as a template. If you go to the "settings" tab in your XLSForm and check the "form_id" attribute you can change that to the appropriate layer name, but you'll have to remap the fields themselves. Hit up the ideas section if you keep running into this as I can't think of a way to pick which service layer the form is built from.

View solution in original post

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @AliAwadBUK 

As David mentions, Survey123 will use the first layer as the template if creating a form from a feature service. If your file geodatabase includes related tables related to the first feature layer then you add repeats in the xlsx form. Ensure the repeats are named the same as the table in the feature service.

It is not possible to submit data to layers that are not related to the target layer of the survey.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DavidSolari
Occasional Contributor III

When you create a form from a service it always uses the first layer as a template. If you go to the "settings" tab in your XLSForm and check the "form_id" attribute you can change that to the appropriate layer name, but you'll have to remap the fields themselves. Hit up the ideas section if you keep running into this as I can't think of a way to pick which service layer the form is built from.

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @AliAwadBUK 

As David mentions, Survey123 will use the first layer as the template if creating a form from a feature service. If your file geodatabase includes related tables related to the first feature layer then you add repeats in the xlsx form. Ensure the repeats are named the same as the table in the feature service.

It is not possible to submit data to layers that are not related to the target layer of the survey.

Hope this helps.

AliAwadBUK
New Contributor III

@DavidSolari  @Richard_Purkis  Thank you so much! 

0 Kudos