Create Other + text box option from choice_filter list

Jump to solution
03-27-2023 12:29 PM
dwold
by
Occasional Contributor II

I want to enable Other selection based on answer to previous question. I can get Other selection to show up on one response but if a different answer to that previous question is selected, the Other selection is not an option.

Works: Safety (Lifeline) - Law Enforcement (Component) - Unsafe/Multi-Agency, Other (Indicator choices) - Text (text box opens when user chooses Other

pic4.png

Does not work: Safety (Lifeline) - Fire Service (Component) - Unsafe Conditions, Response Needed (Indicator Choice) Other selection is not an option

pic5.png

Does not work: Safety (Lifeline) - Search & Rescue (Component) - SAR Response (Indicator Choice) Other selection is not an option

pic6.png

It would seem the component column needs to be formatted differently.It would seem the component column needs to be formatted differently.pic2.png

pic 3.png

I feel like component column needs to be formatted differently. Fire Service and Search & Rescue needs to be added but how do I make that call so it takes in the survey?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @dwold

I'm guessing selected() isn't playing nice with the choice names, I switched the choice filter to use the regex() function and that's working. I've attached an XLSForm for reference

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @dwold

For the other choice in the component column you can comma separate all the components (ex. Law Enforcement / Security,Fire Service,Search & Rescue) then use the selected() function in your choice filter column. The choice filter would look like selected(${Component}, component).

Thank you,
Zach
dwold
by

Hi @ZacharySutherby thanks for the response! I tried those steps but unfortunately, I still cannot get that action to work. The other selection went away in the Indicator field for every Component drop-down selection noted in column E/component

pic7.pngpic8.png Do you see any missteps that I took in my table?

Survey results:

pic10.png

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @dwold

The selected() function would go in the choice filter for the Indicator question not the IndicatorOther question. 

Thank you,
Zach
dwold
by

I should add I tried keeping the ${Indicator}='Other" in the relevant column (N) and removing it. Neither had any effect on the survey

0 Kudos
dwold
by

@ZacharySutherby Does this look right? Other option still being omitted.

pic11.png

pic7.pngpic12.png

Thanks for your assistance.

0 Kudos
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @dwold

I'm guessing selected() isn't playing nice with the choice names, I switched the choice filter to use the regex() function and that's working. I've attached an XLSForm for reference

Thank you,
Zach
dwold
by

@ZacharySutherby it is working on my end too. Thank you for all your help with this, I appreciate it.

0 Kudos