Create Feature Report in Microsoft Flow - Power Automate

Jump to solution
06-01-2020 05:02 AM
AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

Currently what is the best method to create feature report from Survey123 in MS Flow/Power Automate?

I have this process running successfully in Integromat, but am looking at transitioning this over to MS Flow (Power Automate)

There is no "Create Feature Report" module in MS Flow like there is in Integromat. I did notice in another post there is a (Premium) service in Flow called "Populate a Microsoft Word Template". Is that the only way now to handle this process in Flow?

Is there another "Create Feature Report" module planned for releasing in MS Flow? Since the "Populate a Microsoft Word Template" is a Premium service, I cannot access that to try.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdminAccount2
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks to James Tedrick at ESRI - the solution to the issue we were having generating reports using the Create Feature Report API in Microsoft Power Power Automate has been resolved. The issue was a bit difficult to diagnose, since everything worked as expected except when a geopoint question was included in the report template, then it could not render the map on the report and the process would timeout.

The solution is to make sure the generateToken API request in the flow includes the value referer=https://survey123.arcgis.com

generateToken.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

Apologies for the delay in response.  Currently, creating a report from Power Automate is possible only through the manual creation of a webhook action to trigger the report creation and monitor the job status.  The Survey123 team is researching the possibility of incorporating feature report in to the Power Automate connector in the future.

MikeFiguray
New Contributor III

Hi James Tedrick, is there documentation on how to manually create the webhook to trigger a feature report? I've tried to switch to integromat for this purpose, but apparently they can only accept credit card or paypal as payment methods. As a government agency we do not have the ability to pay using either of those.

Thanks!
Mike

0 Kudos
EricChez
New Contributor III

Hi James,

Just a follow up on this, will this be on the roadmap for release this year?

I'd love to transition all my survey123 report integromat scenarios over to Power Automate.

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

There is documentation for starting the Create Feature Report job in the Early Adopter Community.  That being said, this is an asynchronous process, so your flow will need to process that (it does not currently support the default asynchronous pattern Power Automate expects).

0 Kudos
PrachiPatel
New Contributor III

Hi James,

The documentation for starting the Create Feature Report job is no more available on Early Adopter Community page. Does the documentation exist elsewhere?

TMaddio
New Contributor II

Did you ever get the correct link for the Create Feature Report Job?  I'm trying to get something like this to work in Power Automate.

Thanks.

PrachiPatel
New Contributor III

I have not. I ended up setting up an automated email with summary information from the submitted survey that the submitter is instructed to print to pdf.

0 Kudos
TMaddio
New Contributor II

Ok.  Thanks.  That is the option I am using also for now.  Hopefully there will be a Feature Report connector available for Power Automate in the near future.  We are unable to use our Microsoft OneDrive with 3rd party apps like Integromat.

ZoltanKelly
New Contributor III

Hi @JamesTedrick , as mentioned below, the documentation for starting g the Create Feature Report job via Microsoft Flow is no longer available in the early adopter site (that I could find). Is this available elsewhere?