Create a workflow for multiple persons within a single form

01-20-2020 07:40 AM
GeorgeFloros1
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have created a Survey123 XLS Form within Connect for ArcGIS for ArcGIS Enterprise.

This form consists of 5 different parts (lets call them part 1, part 2, etc.)

The ideal workflow I wish to achieve is this:

Once Part 1 is filled and signed by person X, a mail notification will be sent to person Y asking for his signature in part 2. Then an email will be sent back to person X for signature in part 3, etc.

I am capable of achieving the email notification using Flow and Integromat, however I struggle with implementing this workflow.

My current plan is to split the one form in 5 forms. However, I wish to be able to link them back to one form as this is the requirement for the printout.

Another way would be if I could somehow create specific roles that can fill specific columns in one form? Would something like this be feasible?

So ideally, I wish to have Part 1 as my main form and then the other 4 forms would be linked with a parent child relationship, while also satisfying the workflow functionality I described above.

Would you please be able to provide any advice?

Thank you,

George

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi George

This could be achieved by creating multiple surveys for the same feature service; you can then customize each survey form as required for each step of the process, with all of the data going to one place. You could create one 'master' survey first, containing all the necessary questions - this will also be used for the final reports - and then create multiple simpler surveys from this feature service.

This is discussed here: Multiple Survey123 forms linked to the same feature service? 

Also see some useful information here: https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123/blog/2017/09/25/working-with-existing-feature-services-i... 

Hope this helps.

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos
GeorgeFloros1
New Contributor II

Hello Jim

Thank you for your reply.

Your advice was helpful and highlighted another issue:

So, let me explain:

I have one single form that consist of 4 parts, that describe a specific process.

Part A is being filled and signed by a person. Then this part A (filled) needs to be sent to another person enhanced by Part B and signed by the other person. Parts A and B then need to be enhanced by Part C and signed by another person. And lastly, parts A, B and C need to be enhanced by Part D and signed by the last person of the process.

Does this make sense?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

George

0 Kudos
GeorgeFloros1
New Contributor II

To further add on this:

I have read similar posts where such functionality is desirable.

So what I have done is:

1) Create a Master Form with all the information and questions that need to be filled. This form contains parts A, B, C and D

2) I have created a separate form only with Part A as a feature service of the Master form.

3) Next, I created a 2nd form that has PartA as read only and added Part B and enabled inbox.

4) Next, I created a 3rd form that has PartA and PartB as read only and added Part C and enabled inbox.

5) Similar for part D.

Does this look like a right process?

An issue I encounter is that the feature layer is duplicated every time a make a full submission of the form.

Thank you,

George

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi George

The steps you've described appear to be a sound way to achieve what you're after. When you say "the feature layer is duplicated every time a make a full submission of the form" do you mean the underlying feature service is duplicated, or an individual feature (survey record)? Are edits being made to the original record for parts B, C and D?

Best,

Jim

0 Kudos
JoseValdes
New Contributor II

hi, for this to work you need to use the submission_url in the settings tab of the xlsx in the new forms.

in the workflow that george says the part a,b,and d forms you need to use the submission_url, if you dont use it will create a new feature. The submission_url is for read and modified a feature already with data.

I am doing this same thing with a project i am working, have a survey for the inspectors and other for the supervisor reading the same data but the supervisor have the field of inspectors read only.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For the 5 forms all linked together part you could use the relationship class workflow I outline here Mapping with Survey123 within a polygon or admin unit 

Have you looked at the Workforce app?  It seems like it would be a fit for this.

0 Kudos