Create a summary page within my survey

Jump to solution
01-07-2021 03:42 PM
pskrivanos
New Contributor II

I've searched this forum but have been unable to find a solution to the problem I'm working on.... I'm hoping someone can help me with this one. 

I'm building a survey form to collect bird observations. Within this form I have a repeat setup that enables the user to record more than one bird species observation. Once the user has finished inputting all observed bird observations I would like to present them with a table or list summarizing these observations (species and number). They could then review this summary prior to submitting the form. 

For example:

Common loon - 24 birds observed (from the 1st repeat)

Duck - 2 birds observed (from the 2nd repeat)

Crow - 5 birds observed (from the 3rd repeat)

Any suggestion on how I can best get this done? 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

The Aggregate functions section of the Repeats documentation has some useful methods to summarize repeat contents. There's also a sample survey called Repeat Aggregation that has a few good examples. You can find the sample survey in the menu that opens when you create a new survey in Connect (see screen cap). 

One approach to formatting that data might be to calculate the summary data you need in calculate questions and then to create a note question that references those questions. It may also be useful to use the pages style and include your summary on a second page.

BarbaraWebster1_0-1610069307126.png

-Barbara

View solution in original post

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As posted above.  Join, min. max, sum , avg can all be used.  Combine with grid for things like this.

DougBrowning_0-1610117990203.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello,

The Aggregate functions section of the Repeats documentation has some useful methods to summarize repeat contents. There's also a sample survey called Repeat Aggregation that has a few good examples. You can find the sample survey in the menu that opens when you create a new survey in Connect (see screen cap). 

One approach to formatting that data might be to calculate the summary data you need in calculate questions and then to create a note question that references those questions. It may also be useful to use the pages style and include your summary on a second page.

BarbaraWebster1_0-1610069307126.png

-Barbara

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As posted above.  Join, min. max, sum , avg can all be used.  Combine with grid for things like this.

DougBrowning_0-1610117990203.png