Correlate Survey123 Photos to Web Map in Dashboard

12-06-2017 01:28 PM
GinaFox
New Contributor II

My Survey123 app was very simple with only three items: Geo Location, Capture Image, Text for additional notes. I created an operations dashboard displaying the image and web map. When I started playing around in the dashboard, I noticed that it would be helpful to click on a survey point in the web map and have it display the pictures taken at that point in the details widget (location of displayed images). Is there a way to do this and correlate the two items within my operations dashboard?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gina,

Just to be clear: are you referring to the web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS that is currently in beta?
And if so, when you say "details widget" - do you mean the Details Element? or do you mean in a pop-up?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
GinaFox
New Contributor II

Yes, I am referring to the Beta.

I believe it's the Details Element. Below is a screen shot of the Details widget I was discussing.

Basically, my supervisor wants to see certain people's photos and the individuals are constantly changing that she requests to view. The Dashboard option seems to be the easiest way to display, in real-time, pictures taken in the field.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Gina,

Thanks for the clarification. Please give me some time to research this and check if this is possible. I will post an update soon. Thanks.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Gina,

> ... it would be helpful to click on a survey point in the web map and have it display the pictures taken at that point in the details widget (location of displayed images). Is there a way to do this and correlate the two items within my operations dashboard?

Yes, the workflow you describe is possible and configurable out-of-the-box in Operations Dashboard. You can use the dashboard interactivity functionality to enable this.

FYI, Actions—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

General steps:

1. Add your survey feature layer to a web map and save it.

2. Create a new dashboard - based on the web map.

3. When configuring the dashboard, add a map element and a details element.

4. When configuring the details element, ensure its source is set to the survey feature layer.

5. Configure an action for the map element

- set the source to be the survey feature layer (in the map)

- the action is filter, and

- the target to be the details element.

Now, when you select a feature in the map with the Select tool, its detailed info will appear in the Details element - this will include the attached photos in the submitted surveys.

Thanks for your patience and I hope this helps,