Copying into a new survey removes attachments?

Jump to solution
06-01-2021 04:46 AM
JürgenBiendara
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

Is it still the case that when copying a form into a new survey, Survey123 removes the attachments?

Our customer uses Survey123 version 3.11.164 and still faces this behavior.

If this behavior still exists as "works as designed", what is the workaround?

Thank you very much, best regards,
Jürgen

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@JürgenBiendara Forgot to mention, yes, the expected behaviour is that the attachment is removed from the copied survey. The reason behind this is that if the same attachment is left attached to both surveys, and the first one is deleted, or the attachment removed from first survey, it will also get removed from second survey.

Note that there is a issue with attachments in repeats not being removed. Hence why I asked.

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @JürgenBiendara,

Are the attachments in the parent layer or inside a repeat (related table)? 

Can you share your xlsxform so I can take a closer look?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@JürgenBiendara Forgot to mention, yes, the expected behaviour is that the attachment is removed from the copied survey. The reason behind this is that if the same attachment is left attached to both surveys, and the first one is deleted, or the attachment removed from first survey, it will also get removed from second survey.

Note that there is a issue with attachments in repeats not being removed. Hence why I asked.

Phil.

0 Kudos
IanGallo
Occasional Contributor

@Anonymous User This issue recently came up with one of our surveys. The attachments from the parent layer were copied over to the second survey successfully but all attachments from repeats were not copied to the second survey. What is the current status of this issue?

0 Kudos