Coodinates being passed to Survey123 with Custom URL being Overwritten by Devices Location

11-20-2020 07:34 AM
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm working on a Survey to collect some information when a field worker empties garbage cans in our parks, to do this I'd like the coordinate of the garbage can in question to be passed from the layer to the Survey so it puts that as the point in the new feature class. I'm using custom URLs to pass it (I have one set up to open the app, and one set up to open the web form, as a side point, these can be combined into one right?)

However it seems that when I open the Survey on mobile, the coordinate information that gets passed is overwritten by the device because it has an internal GPS, even when it's off it sets the coordinates to 0,0 instead (through both links).

Is there a way to prevent this? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hussam_AlJabri
Occasional Contributor III

Could you please share the URL schema you are using?

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

These are the two links I've created

<a href="arcgis-survey123://?itemID=######&amp;field:asset_id={UNITID}&amp;center={expression/expr0}&amp;field:subarea={SUBAREA}" rel="nofollow ugc" target="_blank">Collection Form in App</a> 

<a href="https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/#####?field:asset_id={UNITID}&amp;center={expression/expr0}&amp;f...}" rel="nofollow ugc" target="_blank">Collection Form in Web</a>

The ##### is replacing the itemID to the survey I'm using.

0 Kudos