Control field visibility in Survey123 for ArcGIS

12-20-2018 08:35 AM
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

In AGOL, using VISUALIZATION - Configure Pop-up, I expected that both (1) Fields set to Display OFF and (2) field reordering, would be applied in Survey123 for ArcGIS interface, but all i succeed having is the Alias renaming. Other ways of doing that? Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Rene,

The field visualisation settings in web maps under configure pop-ups do not apply to Survey123 directly. In Survey123 you need to configure the survey how you want it to display on a question by question basis. There are several ways you can achieve what you are asking. If you do not want to see these fields at all (hidden in survey) and they are not required by users to be answered, you can simply remove them from the xlsx form.

If you want them to be visible to the user and based on the answer of another question, you can use relevant expressions on those questions.

Hope this helps.

Phil.

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Phil. Yes I understand the field types in Connect. What I am looking for is finding a way to permanently display only specific fields once in Survey123 Web page

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ReneAubut,

By "Survey123 Web page" do you mean the Survey123 web app or the Survey123 website Data page?

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
ReneAubut
Occasional Contributor

Sorry Phil for the confusion. I only use connect for form development. I meant this page: https://survey123.arcgis.com/surveys where stakeholders can view the collected data. I wish to preset which field will be visible. Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @ReneAubut,

I don't beleive it is currently possible to preset which fields are displayed in the Data tab of the Survey123 website for a survey, so that users only see those fields displayed in the table or analyze pages. 

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos