Completed Survey not sending, Outbox shows red "!" no error msg

Jump to solution
01-30-2018 08:55 AM
OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

I have gone over my form numerous times and tried the completed survey on other devices without any luck. 

The survey will send an email successfully. But it fails to 'Send Now' to finalize the process.  I do not receive any error messages, the outbox only shows a red exclamation point (shown below).

Form is attached.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oscar,

It appears that you are encountering the same error that I believe you may have been hitting in the past.  That is "Error Code 1000 String or binary data would be truncated.\r\nThe statement has been terminated."

Code 1000 String or binary data would be truncated

Do you happen to remember what you did to resolve this error in the past?

Brandon

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Oscar,

It appears that you are encountering the same error that I believe you may have been hitting in the past.  That is "Error Code 1000 String or binary data would be truncated.\r\nThe statement has been terminated."

Code 1000 String or binary data would be truncated

Do you happen to remember what you did to resolve this error in the past?

Brandon

OscarSepulveda_III
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Brandon,

It does appear just increasing the fieldlength for all of the rows fixed the issue.  Yet, why didn't I receive an "Error Code" only the symbol?

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Good to hear that increasing the fieldLength's resolved the issue.  I suspect it was due to the fact that you had an inputMask of (000) 000-000 and a fieldLength of 10.  Each of the parentheses and the dash would also count as a character.  As to the error message, I was able to observe it by using the AppStudio Console in order to troubleshoot.  The steps that can be used to do this are listed here...

Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hopefully, we will be able to prompt an error dialogue for this issue in the future.

0 Kudos
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Just as added info we encountered the same Red Exclamation point issue. In our case a user1 had completed a survey, then the record was deleted by them from the feature service. User2 added a new record back that used the same identification (Work Order) number. User1 opened the old survey from his inbox on his device, made changes and attempted to repost. But technically that record didn't exist anymore. User1 could submit new entries but not update/edit his (since deleted) original record....

0 Kudos