Collector to Survey123 Custom URL Webhooks Generate PDF

07-31-2020 05:24 PM
AlexShubra
New Contributor II

I am trying to pass a Custom Attribute Display from Collector to Survey123 but can not get the survey app to open and populate the form.

(links below are not shared to everyone so you cant open them. These are more for context on the URL structure)

Custom Attribute Display URL Link Survey App:  arcgis-survey123://?itemID=c2b64ca2567b4f53b2fa04885a3d870&field:globalId={globalid}

Custom Attribute Display URL Link Web App: https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/c2b64ca2567b4f53b2fa04885a3d8703?&mode=edit&globalId={globalid} 

The collector map is utilizing the hosted feature layer created from Survey123 web app designer.

When I click on an existing point within Collector and go to the custom attribute display URL link, it boots up Survey123 app on my phone. However I get Survey id c2b64ca2567b4f53b2fa04885a3d870 does not exist or is inaccessible. I can get the web app version to populate but i need the mobile app to be able to work with this.

What I really want to do is allow the end user to input their data using Collector and when they are done they click the survey123 link on that feature to generate a PDF utilizing Survey123 webhooks/integromat/feature report by checking a send email field within the form. Integromat listens for this and spits out a feature report

Is there some type of Feature report/webhook ability for Collector?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Alex,

Apologies for the delay in response.  With regards to the immediate error message, I looks like you've dropped the last character ('3') from the itemID parameter (compare the itemID value in the web link and field app link).

That being said, the pattern you are using is not the correct pattern to open a feature for editing; see Integrate with other apps—ArcGIS Survey123 | Documentation for details on the new parameters which will allow for editing.  

I would also suggest looking at the web hooks capability now present in ArcGIS Online feature services; this would remove the need to have a Collector to Survey123 workflow.  Web Hooks (Feature Service)—ArcGIS REST API | ArcGIS for Developers  shows how to set the webhook.

0 Kudos