Select to view content in your preferred language

Collector Integration with Survey123

Jump to solution
04-17-2019 05:35 AM
JordanMiller4
Occasional Contributor III

In the guide below they're using Survey123 web builder to integrate survey123 and Collector. How do I implement this with Survey123 Connect using the following URL "arcgis-collector://?itemID=?".

Guide:

http://www.geomarvel.com/2019/01/29/collector-integration-with-survey123/

0 Kudos
16 Replies
CédricVilleneuve
New Contributor III

Hello Philip,

The disconnected data works fine with the launching URL. Only thing has to be done though, the map has to be the only one on the device. I deleted the others that I had. Thats weird because there's an ID

0 Kudos
Gisou
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have quick question, do you know how can at first start recording the track of person who is walking in the sidewalk  by arcgis collector then at the end of walking the survey 123 pop up and he/she start filling the survey about sidewalk quality.

please help me thank you

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Gisou,

To launch Survey123 from Collector or Field Maps, you need to use a hyperlink in the pop-up that launches the custom URL scheme with your survey itemid included, to open that survey.

Regards,

Phil.

Gisou
by
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your help, for start recording the tracks ,do you think I need to add one point feature layer? for a starting point?

and how will it collect the track? will it be like points or track line?

Kind Regards

Gisou

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Gisou,

If you need to collect tracklogs or breadcrumbs, you need to use the trakcing feature built into the new ArcGIS Field Maps, or if you are using the ArcGIS Collector app still, you may need to use another app called ArcGIS Tracker. 

ArcGIS Survey123 does not currently have any out of the box tracking capability, however this is something we are looking into for the future.

Regards,

Phil.

0 Kudos
Gisou
by
New Contributor II

Hello Philip,

Thanks for the answer. Actually, in my web map, I added a Location Tracking feature layer and one point feature layer for starting point, and one point/line feature layer for ending location along with survey 123 hyperlinks,

So, I already have a Location Tracking layer in my web map.but, it doesn't track the path, It has point layers so, I had to submit for all the points. which is not suitable,

I need to have a tracking layer that is automatically recorded path/track like (Garmin GPS).

I want to ask participants to mark the starting point so that their path automatically records then they submit their ending destination/ location.

I attached my web map, yesterday,I did use it and in every 4 meters, I submit location tracking points which are in green color.

ee.JPG 

Thanks in advance

Best,

Gisou

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Gisou,

As it appears your question is more of a web map or Collector/Field Maps issue related to tracking, I would suggest posting in the relevant forum, as there are more experts in those forums related to the issues and questions you are encountering.

Regards,

Phil.