collect survey 123 according to field in the feature layer.

11-23-2018 10:07 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor II

Hi, Hope this message finds you well. I have a question: It is possible to collect data using survey 123 for missing field in hosted feature layer. Below an example: I have a hosted feature layer having some data collected using survey 123. the first 10 fields were filled. After a while, i need to do another assessment for the same site. I added the fields (6 new questions) in the hosted feature layer and submission url. now i can do the new assessment (and fill the new 6 fields) but only from the inbox. What i am asking is to collect new submission and according to a field (e.g. pcode) inside the assessment the data will be filled in the correct record. Thank you, waiting your reply.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Wash Sector,

If you are wanting to edit existing records then this must be done via the Inbox, it is not possible to do a new collect (new survey) and store the results against an existing record. You could however create a new survey form that is based on the same feature service and using the same layer, and only add those 6 new fields to that survey. That way they are still editing the records via Inbox, but only seeing the 6 new questions, not all the previous 10 questions.

Phil.

Highlighted
New Contributor II

Thank you Philip. So it is not possible to do a new collection and store the results against an existing records

Yeah the 2nd way (inbox) is sometimes confusing where not all sites being collected in the first survey.

0 Kudos