Collaboration Surveys Show Different Record Counts

Jump to solution
02-08-2018 09:41 AM
AprilChipman
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey that I created and shared with my organization, both to submit and to view. Everything is working wonderfully!

Except, when I look at the survey in the Survey123 website I see 249 records. When other organization members look at the survey in the Survey123 website, they see 154 records. Nothing past January 4, 2018. But, when other members of the organization look at the hosted feature service in any other location they see all of the records.

I tried unsharing the Viewer aspect of the Survey, but that didn't seem to change anything. Any ideas what is going on and how to fix it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April

As the data owner - you will always see the feature service and all the records it contains. Others in the organisation will see either the fieldworker or stakeholder views depending on their role (collecting data or viewing results). It would seem that there is a discrepancy between the views and the feature service. This is likely to be permissions based, so the first thing to compare the is the permissions on the feature service and the view, to see if they are limiting what other users can see.

I'm not sure how you shared your views, but I assume that you did the following: In the Survey123 website (survey123.arcgis.com) go to the survey collaborate and then click viewer and remove and reapply the permissions (i.e. unshare and then share). If not, please try this and then test with another user login.

If this does not fix things, another option is to recreate the view by going into arcgis online (the survey folder) and deleting the stakeholder view. Going back into the Survey123 website and then sharing the survey under viewer once more will recreate the survey view. Again, retest with another login.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

John

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi April

As the data owner - you will always see the feature service and all the records it contains. Others in the organisation will see either the fieldworker or stakeholder views depending on their role (collecting data or viewing results). It would seem that there is a discrepancy between the views and the feature service. This is likely to be permissions based, so the first thing to compare the is the permissions on the feature service and the view, to see if they are limiting what other users can see.

I'm not sure how you shared your views, but I assume that you did the following: In the Survey123 website (survey123.arcgis.com) go to the survey collaborate and then click viewer and remove and reapply the permissions (i.e. unshare and then share). If not, please try this and then test with another user login.

If this does not fix things, another option is to recreate the view by going into arcgis online (the survey folder) and deleting the stakeholder view. Going back into the Survey123 website and then sharing the survey under viewer once more will recreate the survey view. Again, retest with another login.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks

John

NourSalam
New Contributor III

@JohnathanHasthorpe I'm encountering the same issue (stakeholder view is out of sync with my feature layer). I have tried your proposed solution and it hasn't worked. What would you recommend I do next?
Thanks!
@JamesTedrick 

0 Kudos
Ian-Horn
New Contributor II

You have to enable syncing on the view, also.