Collaborate/Analyze for Survey123

11-01-2017 02:48 PM
SamanthaNakata1
New Contributor II

I am having issues specifically with Collaborate settings in Survey123 (web browser access), where I cannot give people in a group permissions to view Survey123 results

1. Collaborate-->Submit tab: groups here do not correspond to the groups my Survey123 form is shared with, set in ArcGIS Online.  Users are still able to download and submit data from their own devices.
  2. Collaborate--Analyze tab: I am not able to give result-viewing ability to groups here.  I get a message like the following when trying to save Analyze settings:

{"success":false,"error":{"message":"Service name 'survey123_********************************_stakeholder' already exists for '****************'"},"isView":true}

I am running the Survey123 form from a custom feature service using an SDE feature class (Microsoft SQL Server) with ArcGIS Server 10.2.1. Any thoughts on how to rectify or even confirmation that this is not possible with my setup would be appreciated.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Samantha,

1) It sounds as if the sharing of the form and the sharing of the feature service have become unsynchronized.  You can either manually adjust the sharing settings of both from My content, or remove all sharing in the Survey123 website and then re-apply the sharing settings.

2) The Survey123 website will not support sharing of analysis from an ArcGIS Server service; it utilizes a feature in ArcGIS Online not yet available in ArcGIS Server (and thus unavailable in 10.2.1)

0 Kudos
SamanthaNakata1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Thank you for the helpful and quick feedback.

D. Samantha Nakata

GIS Analyst

GEOGRAPHIC INFORMATION SYSTEMS

360.397.2000 ext 4340

0 Kudos
IslamSaeed1
New Contributor

Hello James,

Is there any update regarding updating the viewer settings in the collaborate tab in survey 123 website with a survey published from an existing feature service as i am getting the same error  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Islam,

Is the existing feature service a hosted service or a traditional ArcGIS Server service?  The stakeholder view only works with hosted services.

0 Kudos
IslamSaeed1
New Contributor

Hello James,

Actually I am using a traditional ArcGIS Server feature service , so the required scenario will be as follows I want the user can see only his submitted surveys and not all of the surveys submitted by other users and subsequently the ability of the user to print his submitted surveys only . so the question here is there any workaround /alternative to achieve this objective and if not when this feature is going to be supported ?

Thanks for your support

Islam Abdel Aal

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Islam,

You should set the Ownership-based access control for feature services—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise in the service properties to restrict querying to only features the user owns.  

0 Kudos
MichaelRock1
New Contributor III

In my case it was a permissions issue with the Group the item was in.  In the Settings tab, for "Who can contribute to the group?" it was set to "Only group owner and managers".  I was set as a Group Manager, but I was still getting the error.  When I changed it to "Group Members" I could save the sharing settings in Survey123. 

In another Group of which I was the owner, it worked no problem. It is only when you are Group Manger.  I have run into this for sharing items into the group as well.  Not sure why the category is "Only group owner and managers", when really it should be just "Only group owner".  It is either a bug or a typo, as far as I can tell.

I was getting that error, and this one: 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Michael,

With regard to your last error, it seems there is an issue creating the stakeholder view. This might be best addressed via an Esri technical support issue if this continues.

0 Kudos