Code 500 Error: Inconsistency in the Field Definitions found

06-18-2018 01:36 AM
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Publishing the attached survey to a clean, newly installed Portal 10.6 server gives the following error:

The problem seems to lie with changing a select_one field's data type to esriFieldTypeInteger even though the select_one points to integer choice values:

If I don't change the data type or change it to esriFieldTypeString then the publishing error doesn't occur.

The publishing error also does not occur when publishing to AGOL.

Your help will be appreciated.

9 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Deon,

Select_one question types are text only by design, you can not change them to be integer, hence the mismatch error when trying to publish. If you would like to use calculations and other integer based queries in your survey, you can set the bind type (not esri bind type) to be integer, and that way the app will treat it as an integer, but the data will stored be stored as text in the feature layer.

Phil.

0 Kudos
DeonLengton
Esri Contributor

Hi Philip

Any reason why it works on AGOL but not on a Portal installation then?

Regards

Deon

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Deon,

I am unsure why the difference, however I recommend leaving select_one questions as text fields.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Works in AGOL but not in Portal

AlexLopez-Rogina
New Contributor

Philip Wilson‌  I am using a spreadsheet to create a survey in Connect, and I'm having the same problem. I need two Select_one questions to be numbers for calculations. The schema I received (from someone with Esri Canada) has the esri bind type as Double. Should I leave that one blank and make the blind type decimal? Or set the esri blind type as String as well? Thanks!

Update: Ismael Chivite‌ do you have some insight on this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
DanielYaw_Jr__GISP
New Contributor III

Same issue with me as well. ESRI folks - any update?

0 Kudos
ZacharyStauber1
New Contributor III

Same error, AGOL yes, Portal no.  Survey123 version 3.3.51, Enterprise 10.6.1.

0 Kudos
Temple_Digital_DeliveryTeam
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I have the same issue, has this been resolved by anyone yet?.

0 Kudos
TimLiponis
Esri Contributor

We encountered a similar issue when dealing with a select_one where we wanted an integer field bounded. The work around we found here was to publish a referenced feature service with the appropriate data type for the respective field and then utilize the submission URL in the survey to publish it to Portal.