Select to view content in your preferred language

Closed survey status not honored

Jump to solution
04-10-2023 06:28 AM
Bartee_Emily__KYTC_
Emerging Contributor

We have a S123 that was closed a few weeks ago as we have since deployed the production version.  I checked when it was closed and the survey would not allow responses through the webform or app (as expected).  We had a record come through this morning, however, from the test survey.  I checked and all of the settings are still set to close the survey – including requiring an update to the latest survey and using the latest version of S123 (other troubleshooting tips / suggestions).  I cannot submit a record through the webform but I can now submit records through the application.  I found the thread linked below but there was no solution for it – just guidance to email this in (done, but I wanted to see if anyone else had found a solution). 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/why-won-t-my-survey123-close-when-i-set-it-...

Bartee_Emily__KYTC__0-1681133098833.jpeg

Bartee_Emily__KYTC__1-1681133098835.jpeg

The survey was authored using 3.16 but requires an update to the latest survey and is set to use the latest version of 3.17.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Bartee_Emily__KYTC_

I know you had emailed this in and James had responded, the open/close survey setting is only applicable to the Survey123 web app and does not apply to the Survey123 field app

As an alternative workflow you can update the description for the survey in Connect to note that the form has been deprecated and disable editing on the feature service the survey points to. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Bartee_Emily__KYTC_

I know you had emailed this in and James had responded, the open/close survey setting is only applicable to the Survey123 web app and does not apply to the Survey123 field app

As an alternative workflow you can update the description for the survey in Connect to note that the form has been deprecated and disable editing on the feature service the survey points to. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
Bartee_Emily__KYTC_
Emerging Contributor

Hi Zachary, 

Thank you for the follow up and suggestions!  I'm not sure how I missed that functionality but I appreciate the quick responses.  Do you know if there is a planned enhancement for closing the survey within the app in the future, or is that functionality that will stay as is?  Thanks again!

Emily

RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a reason why it's not supported in the field app? It feels odd to me that it can't be closed off this way across the board. I'd definitely support this functionality being added as an enhancement.