Classic "fields not found in the feature service"

Jump to solution
09-03-2021 10:41 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

hey ESRI community,

I created a survey using 123 Connect and needed to update the form with a few new rows. I went through all the documentation and wasn't able to republish the data; 123Connect just kept freezing. I was able to update this same survey before so I'm not sure what I'm missing here this time around.  What I did so far was:

- Turned on the log from 123Connect settings

- changed the "ownerFolder" parameter in the files here

- rebooted 123 Connect

If anyone can explain the cause of this or a workaround solution that'd be awesome.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ismael
by
New Contributor II

Hi. It looks like you originally published the survey from the web designer and then you made modifications in Connect.  It is likely that Connect is not happy with the feature layer views created by designer. I suggest the following:

• In Survey123 Connect, while in the survey gallery, do a Save as of your form.
  • Take the new copy and publish that. This will create a new folder in your account and a new survey and layer in it.
  • If you need to move data from the old survey to the new: export your data to CSV or Excel and then Append the data to your new survey layer.

Connect does not handle well re-publishing of surveys previously authored in the web designer. It is generally best to do a Save As first and publish a new survey.

To clean things up, after you have published your survey again, you may want to go into your content and remove the old folder containing the original Form item, views and layers; just so you do not get things mixed up.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ismael
by
New Contributor II

Hi. It looks like you originally published the survey from the web designer and then you made modifications in Connect.  It is likely that Connect is not happy with the feature layer views created by designer. I suggest the following:

• In Survey123 Connect, while in the survey gallery, do a Save as of your form.
  • Take the new copy and publish that. This will create a new folder in your account and a new survey and layer in it.
  • If you need to move data from the old survey to the new: export your data to CSV or Excel and then Append the data to your new survey layer.

Connect does not handle well re-publishing of surveys previously authored in the web designer. It is generally best to do a Save As first and publish a new survey.

To clean things up, after you have published your survey again, you may want to go into your content and remove the old folder containing the original Form item, views and layers; just so you do not get things mixed up.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Ismael!

I just built out the form so there's no data to worry about at the moment.

0 Kudos