Choice list not updating properly

03-15-2018 12:07 PM
CarlTownsend2
New Contributor III

Hi, I have a tree survey, and I added in and extra tree species to the xls form choice list, and I can see it in the survey123 app, but when I select it, save it and upload it, in the feature layer, it's not there.

Also, existing records are not being updated in the feature layer. For example, I edited:

Malus x adstringens 'Thunderchild' (Thunderchild Crabapple)

To

Malus 'Thunderchild' (Thunderchild Crabapple)

because it was too long for a chart (graph labels are only on single lines) The change is reflected in the survey123 app but not in the feature layer. I have republished the survey several times.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Carl,

When a form is initially published, it creates a domain (restricted list of values) for the table that is created to store the values of a choice list question.  When values are added, Survey123 Connect currently does not update the domain, resulting in the issue you are experiencing.  You can manually add the value to the domain by following the instructions at https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/files/2014/10/How-to-Update-Hosted-Feature-Service-Schemas1.pdf  

0 Kudos
TomFewless
New Contributor

It would be very nice if this list updated with the form's list.

0 Kudos
CarlTownsend2
New Contributor III

Ah, I figured it out. I had to edit the JSON file since it was a coded domain. It would be nice if it somehow updated the domain though, or we could add to the domain some other way in AGOL. Editing the JSON file is not a pleasant experience - this JSON file runs to 4000 lines