Select to view content in your preferred language

Choice list not updating after publishing

Jump to solution
07-21-2017 11:10 AM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

I have a published survey that has a typo in a filtered choice list for one of my questions. I corrected the typo in Survey123 Connect and successfully published the change. However, the update does not appear in the (re)published survey.  

I have looked at the ArcGIS REST Admin Directory for the AGOL Hosted Feature Layer.  It does not show a domain for the field of interest.  

How do I change values in filtered choice lists so that those changes appear in the published survey?

Thank you.

16 Replies
ZoeGoodyear2
New Contributor II

Hi James, 

I was wondering if in the recent version if this issue has been rectified.  The lists that our users need is dynamic and if they want to edit data in AGOL they are unable to view the 'full lists' that are available to them in the S123 app, only the initially published list.

Is there a way to add 'choices' to the dropdowns that match the S123 choices? 

Thanks, 

Zoë

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Zoe,

You can add choices to lists via the Item Details page - see Define attribute lists and ranges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

Hi James

I have just realised that we are experiencing the same issue.  I have a Survey123 Form  with a list of Observers that is continually being updated.  I have noticed that the although a new code value is being displayed in the Web Map the label is not. So based on this post I assumed that it was because the list of values is not being updated on republish

However when I try to add the new value to the field through portal the Save button is greyed out and I cant save the new record.  It only seems to be happening for this Observer field, I can add a new value to other fields that have domains.

Do you know any reasons as to why I cant save a new value using this method?

Cheers

Chris

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

That's unusual - I'm not sure why you would not be able to update the list.  Perhaps you could submit a support ticket to troubleshoot what's going on with the Item Details page?

0 Kudos
ChrisRoberts2

Ok thanks James ... will do

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Trippetoe @SimonAllard2 @ChrisRoberts2 @ZoeGoodyear2,

Just wanted to let you know with the upcoming 3.16 October Release of Survey123 we have made improvements to the Connect publishing workflow with regards to domains and choice lists. You can check out the latest announcement, documentation and test out the latest 3.16 beta builds via the Early Adopter Community to get early access to these builds and the new Connect publishing workflows. You feedback on these improvements would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Phil.

JessicaBurton
New Contributor II

Hi, I am having this same issue. Updating a list in Connect and publishing. Update available in app, but the new choices don't appear until I delete and re-download the survey. Is there anything with the 10/2022 update that can help with this?

0 Kudos