Choice filter is not working properly for the first record in a repeat

01-05-2022 05:46 AM
UğurBaranSarıbaş
New Contributor III

Hi, I'm using a cascade choice filter for a select_one question in a repeat. But while filling the form, dropdown answers are not appearing. Strangely, when I add another record in the repeat, the choice filter works properly for the second record. Please see the screenshots in the attachment.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @UğurBaranSarıbaş 

If possible, could you please share the XLSForm for your survey, so we can see how the questions and choice filters are set up?

Thanks, Jim

UğurBaranSarıbaş
New Contributor III

Hi @Jim-Moore ,

Sure, please find it in the attachment.

Thanks, Baran

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @UğurBaranSarıbaş 

Thanks for providing your XLSForm!

The choice filter for Question 37 (need_title) is: need_title_alt=${form}

${form} is a hidden question that has no value, so no choices will be returned for this question.

Could you simply remove the choice filter for Question 37, so users can see all 14 choices from the need_title choice list?

I notice the same choice filter is applied to Question 48 (birim) as well.

Best, Jim

0 Kudos
UğurBaranSarıbaş
New Contributor III

Hi @Jim-Moore ,

Thanks for your answer.

I'm using the ${form} field to separate different forms with different purposes. I simply add field:form="1" to the end of the form URL. So I need the field ${form}. Could we find a different solution?

Thanks, Baran

0 Kudos
Jim-Moore
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @UğurBaranSarıbaş 

Thanks for the additional information, that makes sense.

Just to double-check, is your URL using quotation marks, as shown above? If I publish your sample XLSForm and then open it in the web app using the following URL (i.e. without quotes) the choice list in the repeat works as expected:

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/39dd7973364041c6a3954024616e91c6?field:form=1

However, if I add quotes (i.e. form="1") it does not, which is expected as the quotes won't work in a URL.

Please let me know if that might solve the issue.

Best, Jim

0 Kudos