Checkbox size in Feature Report Template

10-07-2020 06:57 AM
GeoSolver
New Contributor III

I'm using the following syntax in a feature report template to display checkboxes for each item in a select multiple choice list.  The syntax works as expected by outputting checked or unchecked boxes depending on the options chosen.

${select_multiple|checked:"value"} Label

The problem is the sizing and formatting of the checkboxes.  The checked box is significantly larger than the unchecked boxes, which makes the list appear messy.  Nothing aligns because the checked and unchecked symbols take up different amounts of space on the page.  The checked boxes are also blue whereas unchecked are black/white.

Is there a way to control the size or even symbol used with these checkboxes?

I tried setting the font size of the syntax in the template, but it's already consistent across the entire list of choices.  Everything in the tempate is sized 12 pt font.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BarbaraWebster1
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Curt,

I don't think it's possible at this time to alter the check box symbol generated by ${select_multiple|checked:"value"} through the feature report template. However one possible workaround would be to use if statements to create your own checkboxes using whichever symbols you prefer. Here's an example of one way you could approach that:

Thanks,
-Barbara

GeoSolver
New Contributor III

Thanks Barbara.  I ran across this approach during further research as well.  Your example is nearly identical to what I'm currently using.

I pulled the empty and checked boxes below from the Wingdings 2 font.  This solution allows for sizing the checkboxes independently of surrounding text.

${if <name>=="<value>"}${/}${if <name>!="<value>"}${/}

0 Kudos
GeoSolver
New Contributor III

I wanted to add that the syntax in my reply above works well for basic form fields and also for select_one fields, but not for select_multiple fields where multiple choices have been entered.  For those case, the following syntax will check a select_multiple for a single value and works even if multiple values have been selected.

${if <name> | selected:”<value>”}${/} ${if !(<name> | selected:”<value>”)}${/} 

Replace the empty boxes with the symbol of choice.  In my template the first empty box is a checked box, but that symbol isn't pasting correctly here.