Changing a field in Collector when Survey is Submitted

09-04-2020 06:59 AM
Michelle_Baragona
New Contributor III

I'm going to do my best to explain what I'd like to do. I don't even know if it's possible, but if anybody has a script or any insights, I'd really appreciate it:

I am making a Survey123 to work in conjunction with a Collector map so that our employee can go to a property and, based on where he is standing, click that parcel, which will provide a link to open a Survey123 that gets prepopulated with some of the parcel data using the URL. What I'd like to do is: when he is done with the survey, a field in the Parcel layer (in the Collector map) changes to reflect that he has completed that parcel, and the symbology would then change from red to green. 

Please let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll do my best to clarify. Thank you in advance!

Michelle

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could do it if FeatureSet functions in Collector ...if they worked.  They were supposed to add it by Dec 2019 but that never happened.  They now tell me that Collector development is over so it will instead be in Field Maps at some point.

See this thread for more info  Are the Arcade FeatureSet functions supported in Collector? 

It all works great in the browser just not in Collector.

Also see  Dynamic symbology based on days passed 

and this post that does not mention that Collector is a no go https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-12773-using-featuresetby-functions-in-arcade-to-drill-down-to-ot... 

I have been begging for over a year now.  The /relationship attributes do not work either but never even got a response on that one.

You have a great setup here, same way I do it, just the tools are not ready yet.

Hope that helps.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just got an email that the Field Apps beta that comes out Sept 30 will have the Feature Set support.  I will let you know if I get it to work.

0 Kudos