Changes to Survey123 connector in Power Automate?

Jump to solution
02-02-2023 05:07 AM
erica_poisson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi - 

I needed to update a flow in Power Automate this morning and was receiving some weird errors that prevented me from saving the flow. Then I noticed that the Survey123 connector was different and requires these parameters now:

erica_poisson_0-1675343063345.png

I am worried that this change will break any flow which contains the Survey123 connector. Can anyone shed light on the impact this will/will not have on existing flows? @SeanKMcGinnis  tagging in case you have insights.

Thank you,

Erica
0 Kudos
16 Replies
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Okay thank you, it's a pretty big issue I think so I really hope a way to avoid this issue can be found! 

0 Kudos
KathrynCliftonGIS
New Contributor III

Good afternoon. I experienced this issue with a Flow that had been working just fine when a new update was rolled out.

I was able to troubleshoot and have things up and running again pretty quickly. Here's how:

1. Under Data > Connections, I clicked on the three dots next to the connection for Survey123 and chose "Switch account" . I then entered my credentials.

Unfortunately, this did not fix it. So, I proceeded to this next step.

2. Under My Flows, I clicked on the three dots next to the Flow I needed and chose "Export Package (.zip)". Within the export window, I clicked on the wrench under Action for the Survey Name and chose "Create as New".

3. Then, under My Flows, I chose Import Package (Legacy), and uploaded the flow I had just exported. During the import process, I provided a new name to the Flow and re-established my connections to Office 365 Outlook and Survey 123. Then, I turned the old (non-working) flow off, and turned the new flow on.

This was much easier than manually re-creating the flow or modifying the existing flow and re-connecting all of the dynamic elements.

Success! I hope that this helps someone else.

Kathryn Clifton, GISP, PLS
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @KathrynCliftonGIS , this worked for me!

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

This happened to the same flows again.  Performing the above steps solved the issue again, but this will not be good if I have to check this flow daily and do an export/import when it fails.  Has there been any action on this?

0 Kudos
JelliBee
New Contributor

I am having this same issue. I have the flow set up to automatically output reports to my OneDrive as a backup when a survey is submitted, and if it fails this does not happen. This is crucial for us as we are trying to capture the first submission only and cannot always be by the computer when users are in the field. Has anyone seen a solution that works to fix the problem, rather than just get reports that failed to run?

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor

This happened to one of my flows again today.  It seems the token is only good for 30 days.  It's a major flaw that this token has to be renewed manually every 30 days.  And exporting/importing the flow as a new flow every time it lapses is also a major problem.

0 Kudos
ColForbin
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos