Changes to Relationship Classes created

11-13-2019 07:50 AM
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would like to suggest some changes to the Relationship classes that 123 creates.

First the friendly names are all still blank.  I have posted on this before.  It is confusing to the user and me as the admin.

Red is a blank 123 RC and mine is in Blue

Second it seems that the relationship classes created are Managed.  This means that when you delete a header record then all the children get deleted.  I already lost data due to this.  I would be nice to be able to use Simple instead.  Which still sets the keys to Null (bummer) but at least they do not get deleted.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like an ArcGIS Idea to allow for the Author to determine the relationship class within a Survey123 form. I actually really like the current setup as some of my field crews double submit surveys and it makes a little easier to remove these records. However, I can understand where that could be a potential pitfall; data loss is never a good thing.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is now causing issues in the new Map Viewer were all relates are just named Relationship with no way to tell them apart.  

Can we get this fixed finally please.  Thanks  @JamesTedrick maybe

DougBrowning_0-1682528713726.png

0 Kudos