Change the zoom scale of the Map when tapping the Plus sign

05-10-2017 02:48 PM
GregTune
New Contributor

I would like to change the zoom scale of the geopoint map in my Survey 123 App. My users feel they have to Tap the Plus sign too many times to zoom to their point. I would like to change how far the map zooms when the Plus sign is tapped. Thanks, Greg

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Greg,

While you can't currently change the amount of zoom that occurs, you could set the map up with a better default zoom level, so that collectors would not need to zoom in as much (or possibly at all):

We'll take the request to either increase the zoom amount of make it a setting under consideration.

0 Kudos
GregTune
New Contributor

James,

Thanks for the information.

This one Survey I have is a national level training survey for all our chapters. I have the Home location zoom set to CONUS level.

it's not a big issue for my Region Surveys because I have those set zoomed into each respective Region.

Thanks again,

Greg

Greg Tune,

Geospatial Technology,

571-242-4321

0 Kudos
GregTune
New Contributor

James,

Thanks again for your help with the Zoom question. I have another question if you have a moment.

· I’m trying to get the correct syntax for PULLDATA to return an answer from my external_choices tab based on a selection that is also in the external_choices tab

· Example:

o User selects their State, say “GA”

o Based on that selection the list of Counties for Georgia appears and they can then select the appropriate County.

o In the Region and Chapter Notes which are the next two rows, I would like to use “pulldata” and return the correct chapter and region based on the county they selected.

· Currently I’m using select_one and it works fine but the user has to select the radio button, I want to eliminate the step of them tapping on the radion button next to the chapter and region returned.

Can you help with the correct syntax?

Thanks,

Greg

Greg Tune

Geospatial Technology

maps.redcross.org<http://maps.redcross.org/>

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Greg,

Yes, if there's only one Region & Chapter Notes in a county, this can be done. you would need to have a unique identifier for each county; typically this is done with FIPS codes or something similar.  During the XLSform processing, there are some issues when pure number values or used, so I'd recommend making sure that Excel sees the values as strings (you can do this by concatenating a piece of text with the value).  See the attached file as an example

0 Kudos