Change the feature service, then editing form?

Jump to solution
06-24-2021 07:49 AM
TrevisMartin
New Contributor III

I'm using Survey 123 3.12.232

I have a fairly complex form that requires a slight revision.  But I want to retain the records in the feature service.  Up to now I've been migrating those records to the new service as the alterations have been made.  I'm wondering if it would work to alter the feature service, adding the field I want, then altering the form.  Would that allow me to add the question without having to migrate the existing surveys?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes if you add the field to the service then add it to the form it will publish.  Both sides just need to match.  Just make sure they match name and type exactly.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes if you add the field to the service then add it to the form it will publish.  Both sides just need to match.  Just make sure they match name and type exactly.

AndreaPecharich
New Contributor II

I have a related question. If I edit the feature service to add a field (which is a new column in a data table) and our staff submits a record using the unedited form version (without the new field) will there be an error when they submit data? or will the new field just be skipped (null, blank)?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It will be skipped.  You must have all the fields in the form in the service but not all the fields in the service have to be in the form.  You can also set force update setting to help the staff update.

0 Kudos