Change comma separator Survery123 data tab on browser app

Jump to solution
12-06-2020 06:37 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a few Integer fields that look fine on the app and on Collector but when I want to see the data on Data tab of Survey123, they look like the attached picture. They are address fields and serial numbers that do not need thousand separators. I know some people have suggested using a text/string field and just format it for numbers. Is this really the right way to handle this?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

Yes, what you are seeing is expected. If the questions are an integer or decimal field type, by default they will be formatted as numbers with thousand separators. Using a text/string field type is the best way to ensure they are never formatted as numbers.

Regards,

Phil.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Matt,

Yes, what you are seeing is expected. If the questions are an integer or decimal field type, by default they will be formatted as numbers with thousand separators. Using a text/string field type is the best way to ensure they are never formatted as numbers.

Regards,

Phil.

KrishV
by
Occasional Contributor III

Yes. If you are not performing any mathematical functions on those fields, it is best to use these fields as Text/String. Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Krish