Cant delete repeats loaded from sent data

01-26-2018 12:36 PM
AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

My survey has two repeats for recording data that changes from day to day. Outside of these two repeats there is a large amount of information that is maintained across several days, so I need to be able to give my users the ability to load all of a previous day's data into a new survey. I am now able to do this from the sent surveys > copy to a new survey. I am using the bind::esri::parameters (query allowUpdates) for loading data into the repeats. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to allow users to delete out old repeat attributes. I am able to add new repeat responses and edit the loaded responses, but I do not have the option to delete out unnecessary records.  I dont remember this being an issue in previous versions, but then again repeats had other issues.

thanks for your help!

Andrew

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

By 'delete out unnecessary records' are you referring to removing an entire repeat or clearing out the values of a question?

0 Kudos
AndrewRyan3
New Contributor III

I was having a lot of issues with wording on this. I want to delete out the entire old records. the way you do with a new survey if you add a new repeat using the plus icon, and then you can hit the trashcan icon and delete it.  It seems like deleting records, at least from the sent survey copied to a new survey should be allowed. I understand that it might not work with modifying sent data from the inbox, because you would be deleting records online. but from what I understand, the sent file is locally stored xml. so deleting it from a new xml copy would be fine.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Andrew,

I think I answered you in another thread, but to consolidate here (as it's own distinct question): 

The allowUpdates property does not allow for deleting repeat records; this is to minimize the accidental loss of data.  We have discussed an allowDeletes keyword to enable this functionality; I've listed your request in the discussion.

DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

James, has there been any changes to this since your post in JAN '18?  

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Derrick,

No, allowDeletes has not been added into the Inbox behavior.

GregHacker1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Is the allowDeletes keyword in the work plan?

Thanks!

Greg

0 Kudos
AlainChouinard
New Contributor III

Hi James, 

Any update on this ? I tried "allowDeletes" and it makes no difference and I don't find any documentation about this, so I presume that it's not supported yet. But for us, it would be very useful.

Thanks !

0 Kudos
emilperlt_rrc
New Contributor II

@JamesTedrick 

Hi James,

Any update on this? Has the allowDeletes keyword been incorporated into Survey 123? It would be helpful to have that functionality for inbox surveys.

Thanks!

Emil