Cannot sign in to Survey123 Connect 3.0

Jump to solution
07-18-2018 12:23 PM
OlivierDemars1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I cannot sign in to any portals defined in Survey123 Connect 3.0. When I click on the sign in button, nothing happens.

After activating logging, I get the attached with a Invalid Refresh Token message.

I tried rebooting and re-installing Survey123 3.0 but still the same.

Survey123 3.0 client works fine and if I change back Connect to version 2.8, I can sign in.

Thanks,

Olivier

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Olivier

This is a known issue, see the post below and the temp workaround until ESRI resolve the problem

https://community.esri.com/message/785538-re-cant-sign-in-with-survey123?commentID=785538&et=watches... 

Regards

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ChrisRoberts2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Olivier

This is a known issue, see the post below and the temp workaround until ESRI resolve the problem

https://community.esri.com/message/785538-re-cant-sign-in-with-survey123?commentID=785538&et=watches... 

Regards

Chris

RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

I am experiencing the same issue as listed above and attempted to clear out and delete the Survey123Connect entries from Windows Credential Manager. However, I was told by my IT department that by default Windows Credential Manager is disabled meaning that it doesn't have any saved credentials for Survey123 Connect. Is there something else going on or perhaps there is a different solution I can try so I can Sign into Survey123 Connect? 

Thanks 

Re: Can't Sign In with Survey123

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

What version of Survey123 Connect are you using? Can you please test with latest version 3.1 and not 3.0. A bug was fixed in 3.1 which resolved issues with users not being able to sign into Connect on Windows.

Phil.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Hi Phil,

I am using Survey123 Connect v 3.1.126 and it still isn't working. I am trying to click on the Sign In icon and nothing happens.

Thanks

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Are you using Portal or AGO? We have applied a further fix to the 3.2 version of Survey123 Connect and App that will be released in near future, this will help resolve this issue. In the meantime the only way to workaround it is to delete the entries created for Survey123 in the Windows Credential Manager. You may need to work with your IT Dept to resolve this.

Phil.

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Phil,

I am using AGOL. Do you know when version 3.2 of Survey123 Connect, with the fix, will be made available? I think I mentioned it before but my IT department said that by default Windows Credential Manager on my computer is set to disable so there is no way to delete the Survey123 Connect entries. If Windows Credential Manager is set to disable by default then how could it be the cause of my Sign In issue? Is something else going on? 

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

Phil,

After some convincing, I was able to get my IT Department to enable my access to Windows Credential Manager and was able to delete out the Survey123Connect entries. Everything is working now and I am able to sign in. Thanks!   

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

Great to here you resolved your problem. And yes, even though your IT Dept had disabled Windows Credential Manager via a policy so it could not be accessed by a standard user, applications are still able to store credential entries in there, it's just you can not see, edit or delete them.

Phil.

0 Kudos