Select to view content in your preferred language

Cannot publish survey containing fields only from relate table (inspection data)

Jump to solution
03-15-2021 06:12 AM
Morin
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am following this article to create a survey for inspection data https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021198. But I cannot publish the survey "survey123 fields not found in the feature service 1"

I have a 1:m relation between a feature class and a table. The table is for stroing inspection data.
I am trying to create a survey to record new inspections in field. The relation is working as expecting.
Feature class has GlobalID with the same name as its foreign key name in the related table.

I am using survey connect to generate the xlsx to create my survey. Since I am only interested to collect data for the fields in the related table I have removed the fields not requered in the survey (all fileds in the parent table). I have manually added the FK key to the form as per the instructions i am following https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021198.
But whenever I am trying to publish the survey I get an error "survey123 fields not found in the feature service 1". That is not correct, they are part of the service. If I publish the survey with all the pre-filled fields from the service it works. 
I cannot see what fails here? I am dealing the the forgein table exactly as the article, is it outdated/not complete?

survey should only include

statusstatusesriFieldTypeString
notesnotesesriFieldTypeString
FieldFieldesriFieldTypeString
parent_globalidguidesriFieldTypeGUID

parent_globalid is the name i have in the table.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBowne
Regular Contributor

Make sure your field names are exactly the same as they are in your feature service.  Also, make sure you are updating the "form_ID" value on the Settings tab of your xlsx file.   This should be the name of your related table.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewBowne
Regular Contributor

Make sure your field names are exactly the same as they are in your feature service.  Also, make sure you are updating the "form_ID" value on the Settings tab of your xlsx file.   This should be the name of your related table.

0 Kudos
Morin
by
New Contributor II

Thats it! I did not use the correct form_ID. Did not see that. Thank you!