Cannot publish survey containing fields only from relate table (inspection data)

346
2
Jump to solution
03-15-2021 06:12 AM
Morin
by
New Contributor II

Hi,

 

I am following this article to create a survey for inspection data https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021198. But I cannot publish the survey "survey123 fields not found in the feature service 1"

I have a 1:m relation between a feature class and a table. The table is for stroing inspection data.
I am trying to create a survey to record new inspections in field. The relation is working as expecting.
Feature class has GlobalID with the same name as its foreign key name in the related table.

I am using survey connect to generate the xlsx to create my survey. Since I am only interested to collect data for the fields in the related table I have removed the fields not requered in the survey (all fileds in the parent table). I have manually added the FK key to the form as per the instructions i am following https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000021198.
But whenever I am trying to publish the survey I get an error "survey123 fields not found in the feature service 1". That is not correct, they are part of the service. If I publish the survey with all the pre-filled fields from the service it works. 
I cannot see what fails here? I am dealing the the forgein table exactly as the article, is it outdated/not complete?

survey should only include

statusstatusesriFieldTypeString
notesnotesesriFieldTypeString
FieldFieldesriFieldTypeString
parent_globalidguidesriFieldTypeGUID

 

parent_globalid is the name i have in the table.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure your field names are exactly the same as they are in your feature service.  Also, make sure you are updating the "form_ID" value on the Settings tab of your xlsx file.   This should be the name of your related table.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AndrewBowne
Occasional Contributor III

Make sure your field names are exactly the same as they are in your feature service.  Also, make sure you are updating the "form_ID" value on the Settings tab of your xlsx file.   This should be the name of your related table.

0 Kudos
Morin
by
New Contributor II

Thats it! I did not use the correct form_ID. Did not see that. Thank you!