Cannot print reports any more as Creator???

06-28-2019 12:08 PM
JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

Ok, major problem here!

So, logging in to Survey123 today to print reports and the Report (Beta) feature has been removed and replaced with a Feature Report option.  However, it states that I do not have permission to print reports anymore.  I had this ability prior to today.  So what gives?

My status within the system is a creator.  I would hope that this is just a bug that can be quickly fixed and not the worse cast of Esri removing a feature from a user level that it previously had.

Any help would be great!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I just checked it my account and it works for me still. Do you have access to credits? With reporting moving out of beta, it will (eventually) cost credits. They may be enforcing the need to have credits even though they aren't charging them quite yet. The message on the survey's data page says:

The generation of feature reports is now a premium service. Although usage information for feature reports is provided, no credits are currently charged to the organization for this type of transaction. Organizations will consume credits for feature report generation in a future update of ArcGIS Online.

0 Kudos
JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

If it is not costing credits at this time, whether or not I have these credits shouldn't matter.  It specifically says:

This indicates it is a privilege issue.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Ah, do you know which role you have? User type is Creator, but your role may not have Feature Report under Premium Content enabled

JeffJackson4
New Contributor III

This is not showing up in my list of privileges.  So I assume I will need to talk to the people that have admin privileges to get it?

Seems very weird that this wouldn't have been done previously during the Beta phase too.

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

An administrator or someone granted the admin privilege of Change Roles will need to change your role. Do you have a custom role assigned to you? Maybe ESRI didn't turn on that privilege for custom roles when it became newly available. Even the built-in Viewer role had Feature Report enabled when I "imported settings from an existing role" to see which privileges it has.

0 Kudos
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jeff,

As mentioned, if a 'custom role' has been assigned to you within your ArcGIS Online Organization it will be necessary for your ArcGIS Online Organization Administrator to enable the ability to generate reports through the 'Premium Content Privileges' for the custom role. If any of the default roles were assigned to you, they would include this privilege (Viewer, Data Editor, User, Publisher, Administrator).  You or your Administrator may find this documentation handy...User types, roles, and privileges—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor