Cannot convert a value of type 'java.lang.String' to 'TIMESTAMP' error

11-04-2020 08:15 AM
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

I have a survey that is embedded in an ops dashboard. The field user fills out the first half of the survey using the field app and then the project manager fills out the second half of the survey from ops dashboard. This has been working great for the past 3 months. Today however, when a user attempts to "approve" the survey in ops dashboard, we are receiving the following error:

Cannot convert a value of type 'java.lang.String' to 'TIMESTAMP'

Is there something in the 3.11 update that may have caused this? Nothing on our end has changed.

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
7 Replies
GaryBowles1

Forgot to include this nugget in my original question. If I go into the inbox in Survey123, I can fill out the second half of a previously submitted survey and successfully submit.

--gary

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary, 

Based on the description, your second half operation is using the web form, correct? Can you provide details on the configuration of the form - what version was it published with, is version locking still on?

You are using ArcGIS Enterprise, correct?  Which version?  The error message looks to be one created by the feature service on submittal - can you check the ApplyEdits request being generated by the web form?

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

Second half is using webform from a dashboard.

Form was originally published using Connect 3.9.? It has been updated using Connect 3.10.?

Enterprise 10.7.1

Apply Edits

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

Hey James,

I upgraded Connect to 3.11, republished the survey and am now getting this error and cannot get the survey to load in ops dashboard:

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary,

Is that when opening the form directly in a web page?

I'd suggest opening a formal support ticket - it appears there are potentially a couple of different issue occurring.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

That was from an ops dashboard in chrome. I will open a ticket with support.

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1

James,

When embedding the survey and setting it to be edited in the dashboard, (as per

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-embedding-a-survey...)

the following is added to the URL:  &mode=edit&globalId={globalid}

If i remove this from the URL, the survey displays in the dashboard but it is not editable.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos