Cannot attach images in Public Survey

Jump to solution
11-20-2017 02:26 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all,

I have created a public survey with the following settings.

And, whenever an user attempts to attach an image the survey wouldn't submit (sits in outbox with an error).

But, when I change the settings to "editors can see all features;" it works properly.

Can you please look into enabling images with the above settings. As I'd like to keep all survey results private from the public.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gee

0 Kudos
35 Replies
PamelaBond
New Contributor III

So where does that leave me? Is it just not possible? I can't even successfully add attachments by editing the associated hosted feature layer directly.  Is that expected as well?

0 Kudos
OrloDennison
New Contributor III

Hi Pamela. 

The response I received from my local esri support was that adding attachments with restricted editing was not possible in AGOL. A possible workaround is to create a feature layer view and use a view definition to only show features created in the last x minutes. This will allow time for the attachment to query the upload id of the feature, then hides the feature after the time has expired.

Not ideal but I'm yet to find a better work around. Fortunately in my case, I was using App Studio and the team have included restricted editing functionality in recent releases of the Quick Report template.

0 Kudos
PamelaBond
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for the workaround, that seems to do the trick!  I really appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
PamelaBond
New Contributor III

Per Esri Support, I created an ArcGIS Idea for this - https://community.esri.com/ideas/18533.  Please upvote.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

James Tedrick‌ - I am getting this error - {"error":{"code":405,"message":"Invalid attachment parent","details":["Unable to apply edits."]}} when trying to add an attachment via rest url in integromat as shown here: https://community.esri.com/thread/228558-push-images-via-rest-integromat-and-survey123 , I have checked the settings listed above and mine are not restrictive. Any insight into what could be causing the issue? 

0 Kudos
PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had the same issue this morning, turns out i was passing the wrong object id into my HTTP module. Have you checked your parsing the right Module and using the right object id value?. I somehow managed to skip a module and used a previous object id. 

0 Kudos