Can you round the Image Direction Number in the Watermark (S123)?

07-29-2020 06:58 AM
Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

My watermark is working great using the bind::esri:parameters column using this statement: bottomRightWatermark="Photographed on: @[datetime:d MMM yyyy HH:mm] \n At: @[latitude longitude] \n Direction in Degrees: @[direction]&color=yellow&outlineColor=black&haloColor=white&size=32&bold=true&margin=10".  However, the photo direction shows way too many numbers after the decimal point.  Is there a simple way to round this number directly in the bind::esri:parameters column statement? 

Thank you!

Johnathan Hasthorpe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Amy,

Unfortunately, it is not currently possible to round the @[direction] value being applied in the watermark, it is displayed as per the number of decimals returned from the device sensor. This would require additional development work to enable parameters, such as the number of decimal places, to be added into the @[direction] syntax.

If this is important to your workflow, I would encourage you to submit an enhancement request via Esri Support. Our Support team will assign an official enhancement number for your records. Similar requests from other customers can then be attached to the same enhancement request, which helps us assess demand for the enhancement and prioritize it accordingly.

Regards,

Phil.

Peters_Amy
Occasional Contributor

Philip, 

I really appreciate your response and I'm glad I asked it so that I didn't spend too much time trying to see if I had the ability to change the display of the decimal value via the syntax in Connect. I will submit an enhancement request with ESRI Support.  Thank you so much! 

Brett Stokes's Blog‌