Can you embed a PDF attached to the survey data in a report?

11-06-2020 09:42 AM
ScottCostello
New Contributor III

I have a survey that has some PDF files to be uploaded for each location. When I go to create a report for each record, I want to embed that PDF, as-is, inside the report. Is this doable and I'm missing something in the documentation (most likely)? The report template seems to really want images, not PDFs, kind of like the surveys before we were able to specify "file" type to directly allow PDF uploads. I see you can extract metadata from the PDF into the report, but I want the file itself in there.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ChrisWoodward
New Contributor III

Hey Scott, 

I've run into this as well. What worked for me was to use add a column within Survey123 Connected called body::accept and to specify for the row within your spreadsheet corresponding to the image field/row that you are willing to accept PDF files in the new body::accept column. Your syntax within the body:accept column should look something like this: 

application/pdf

For reference, this GeoNet blog thread helped me out: 
https://community.esri.com/thread/246495-file-upload-survey123-connect 

Hope this helps!
Chris

0 Kudos
ScottCostello
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

Thanks! That actually helped me clean up how I had users uploading the PDF's - limiting what they see to upload is perfect.

Unfortunately, the issue I really need to solve is using the attached PDF's that users already uploaded into the survey and embedding them into the report function. I need the individual reports created from a selected record to list all the info from that record in the survey, including the attached PDFs. I can get images to go into the report, but not the PDFs.

Thanks,
Scott

0 Kudos